mobile='yes'

Thursday, November 10, 2011

scholarship ceremony

we were asked to submit a fun photograph and three things about ourselves to be screened during the ceremony.

i did. and was particularly proud of how fun and creative i was, i might add.

however, amidst the pomp and grandeur, i discovered to my absolute horror that my idea of a fun photograph...
(looking petrified as princess leia next to my daddeh) 

was very different from everyone else's. most of the scholars submitted a sedate photo of themselves against a placid background, some even used their passport photographs...

needless to say, there was an audible, collective snigger when my photo and blurb flashed on the screen.

oh the shame... was half-convinced that my scholarship would've been revoked on the spot.

but thankfully it wasn't, although i was on the receiving end of some strange looks during the post-awards ceremony reception.

ooopsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment