mobile='yes'

Thursday, November 10, 2011

folks in town!


seeing how this (booze, unidentified passed out men, oblivious flatmates) is what i come home to most days, two nights in the country and a night at the hyde park hotel will be a welcomed respite. to risk sounding superficial and unloving, the prospect of a good meal (or two!) has me very happy in anticipation. there is, after all, only so much instant food and tesco trash one can stomach.

on a more personal note, i'm looking forward to the reinforcements the folks are bringing like my arctic standard sleeping bag and stethoscope. before i knew i'd gotten into medsch, i hung a stethoscope on the wall opposite my bed and it'd be the first thing i'd see each morning and the last thing i saw before i slept. it was a timely reminder to keep calm and carry on, because there might be light at the end of the tunnel. and when i found out early one morning that i did indeed have a place, maybe i woke up the whole house prancing around with my stethoscope. just maybe.

and then i promptly nearly almost overslept but didn't and rushed to office like there was no tomorrow. and then i had to stop myself from smiling to myself the whole day. and in the car (with boss & co.) on the way to court, my sister called to shout her congratulations and i had to very discreetly tell her that it was very very inconvenient time but i was about to implode. thank goodness for a friend who came to find me during a break and i just started beaming and beaming and beaming some more and then he started to beam back because somehow amidst all that beaming i'd managed to stutter "m-m-m-m-medsch... t-t-th-they want me.." and then i think i smiled so wide my eyes disappeared (they are small and slitty to begin with) and then break was over and it was back to work but i was on cloud nine all day. and all week.

it was a monumental morning, to say the least. and hands down my happiest morning ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment