mobile='yes'

Thursday, December 29, 2016

my local


not gonna lie - the first few days of maternity leave were hard! think i woke on the first day bereft of purpose and had a little wobble. overnight i'd gone from a doctor running the ward (we were thin on the ground the days leading up to my departure!) to a stay-at-home mum without a baby to care for (yet). so instead of being mature and organised and getting ready for baby (or finishing the papers i was meant to be writing...) i sorta wallowed in this newfound freedom and paid daily pilgrimage to my local pizzeria. so much so the staff recognised me and would produce my usual without me even having to order. said usual was the daily 'meat special' and it didn't disappoint. although i had a brief throwback to my time in stockholm as an undergrad where i'd a daily (fresh) pizza habit. no frozen nonsense for me! the downside of living with a history student / construction worker was that he'd kindly pick up a pizza for me too on his way home from work. unlike him, i wasn't burning thousands of calories on a work site and just got bigger with every passing pizza.



No comments:

Post a Comment