mobile='yes'

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

old habits die hard v2

routinely have stop and remind myself that i'm no longer on exchange. you'd think my brain would have registered that by now, but noooo. merely being in europe sends my spidey senses a-tingling and if i had my way, i'd be traveling every weekend. also thought that i'd be travel fatigued by now (hey, it sorta has to hit sooner or later...) and be content to stay put in one place. however, the wanderlust is still greater than the abject fear and desperation i see in the future with my first exam in less than a month. 

going to kielder this weekend (yay!) and meeting (half) my folks in hertfordshire the week after my exam i.e. in mid november. till then, however, i've found the semi-satisfactory compromise that is planning the december family holiday. google images does a fantastic stop-gap job of satiating my wanderlust, for now. have plotted my route to milan (initially such a nightmare!) and planned the day trips. and and and, it's not just folks but the future folk who'll be along on this trip. curiously or not, am getting accustomed to being the baton my parents pass to the manfriend.

having spent new year's eve 2008 (photo above!) with said manfriend in the duomo square being pelted with firecrackers by milanese punks on vespas , i've got a soft spot for the city and am looking forward very much to being back. 

 currently considering these two options for dec 2011.

day trip 1: como



day trip 2: parma


does anyone have day trip (from milan) recommendations to share? would appreciate the heads up!

No comments:

Post a Comment