mobile='yes'

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

lest you think

back to school is all fun and games, even i needed to recover from the sudden spike in happening activity. a teensy weensy kitchen mishap left me with a burnt pot and no amount of scrubbing would get the charred remains of my ill-fated quinoa lunch off. 




thankfully, my flatmate S was around and she said her mother soaks kitchen accidents in soda crystals overnight. traipsed to tesco and found a 1kg bag for 94p. not half bad for the amount of relief it was supposed to bring me. followed the instructions to a T and made a strong solution by dissolving what seemed like a mountain of powder in boiling water.



and then i left it overnight.


the next morning, however, there was no noticeable improvement. so i did the exact same thing, hoping that my tenacity would pay off.

this afternoon, i rushed home from class to scrub my pots (sigh) and with the help for a silver scourer (borrowed from cleaning lady), tadaaa!


sparkling clean :)

apologies for this massively mundane post. felt it only responsible to give you an accurate reflection of my life here. and i find it so funny that the highlight of my day is a clean pot. 

what's the highlight of your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment