mobile='yes'

Friday, March 30, 2012

clinton street bakery

i'd heard some very good things ("the maple butter is unbelievable!") and some not-so-good things ("expect a two hour queue!") about clinton street bakery and jumped at the chance to meet I there for brunch on tuesday. have known I since secondary school where he was the baby of the board and while the lucky boy has kept his youthful good looks, he's oh-so-grown-up now!  a bit rich coming from me, seeing how we're the same age but i was mighty impressed that my old friend is in a good place and going places. not just with his start up but with an ibanking job at UBS. ibanking?! in this climate?! plus points for dogged determination...



on a more personal note, the pancakes were second only to cafe sirap in stockholm, my long-established pancake gold standard. but that maple butter, ohhhmyword.... the stuff of dreams, i tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment