mobile='yes'

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

sand in my cone!

had to head north for talks and thought to make the most of its coast and sunshine. silly me hadn't factored in windchill (rookie mistake!) and was skipping along with my 99-er, determined to have it on the beach when these awful awful gusts of wind blew sand into my ice cream :( it was a crunchy cone. and because i was being vain and had my hair down, suddenly hair was whipping everywhere and it got into my ice cream and left sticky streaks across my face. i was a right mess and then my cone blew over. absolute disaster. was inconsolable and needed coffee and shelter from the wind after. not a roaring success, unfortunately. but the view was good. and i might've trespassed to take this photo of the chairs but they were too cute. also, you can't tell because the water looks deceptively calm BUT IT WAS WINDY. otherwise uneventful time in the city. 

super grateful to A for letting me stay and entertaining me after a long day of back-to-back theatre lists. she's such a star. we'd go for a late, leisurely dinner, take our time over pudding and coffee, get back to hers, stay up talking even more before she casually mentions she needs to do some reading (head&neck anat, for example) because there was a thyroid list the next day. by which time i'm looking at the clock in horror because it's past midnight and she's been so kind and indulgent and giving of her time AND SHE STILL HAS TO WORK BEFORE BED???

she's also a font of wisdom and dispenser of sound advice. when i'm off on a rampage being all anti-baby she reigns me in with gentle words. not many people are able to talk me off a ledge (bad jo) but she's one of the few who get me to see sense. it was a restorative time being with her and i'm ever thankful for good girlfriends.


No comments:

Post a Comment