mobile='yes'

Friday, April 5, 2013

coffee with a side of steamer trunk



i often complain that singers is faddy, that london is faddier and every single hipster and their mother is off on the great coffee hunt, flitting from one single-roaster to the next in search of the holy grail of coffee. i don't like coffee fans who take themselves, or their coffee too seriously. it strikes me as pretentious and but maybe that's just me being sour grapes because i can't tell the difference between your fanciest single origin and nescafe 3-in-1. in fact, i'm not much of a coffee fan because i'm caffeine tolerant. a trait that left me high and dry as an undergrad because when most other people could power up with red bull or a cuppa, only abject fear and desperation would keep the zz monster away. and honestly, i don't think i've ever been so scared that sleep didn't prevail. but now i'm married to one of the aforementioned coffee aficionados (see, god has a sense of humour...) i do find myself going to cool little coffee hidey holes in spite of myself. and this was one of the better finds. but it's never coffee for me, always a hot chocklit with full fat milk because life's too short for skinny lattes :)

2 comments:

  1. HAWT CHOCKLIT! Love it.

    Full fat milk ftw, anyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good taste! I try to have less dairy so when I do succumb I can have the fattest kind ;)

      Delete