mobile='yes'

Thursday, December 13, 2012

faddy

i often lament to the mister that londontown is so faddy, the food scene especially so. and right after that i succumb to fad pressure and book us into the latest craze. managed to score a last minute reservation for the restaurant below and in this case, it exceeded my already high expectations :) phew! maybe the fact that i was there with my siblings i.e. favourite people on earth, played a part. but it was a wonderful afternoon and we even caught the sun set from 40 storeys above london. overate as usual, conveniently forgetting that we'd an early dinner booking as i was feeling cheap and decided we had to make use of the 30% discount if we ordered before 7pm. also, K was having a christmas party that the mister and i wanted to sneak off to after dinner with the folks. 

my brother took this photo of alcohol island
 

my libation of choice - a julep


eponymous dish
 

and as we left, A, my brother's girlfriend, took this photo of the bar at dusk.

a bit slow on the uptake, seeing how it's been open for ages and ages and my resistance at being sucked into the trend eventually wore out. hope to be back, but not so soon. might very well become my new go to place when we've friends in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment