mobile='yes'

Saturday, February 4, 2012

a little silly

but what if my stargazers don't bloom before i leave for the cairngorms?! :( 

anticipating that i'd soon run out of hat luck (wilderness trips are oversubscribed so they draw names from a hat, or so the story goes...) i bought the stargazers to brighten my room. they last about a fortnight and i wasn't sure if i'd be going away for the weekend. well the good news is i am! and the bad news is i'll miss 3 days of stargazer beautes. ok, so it is really silly to be held hostage by some bloomin' flowers but i paid for them and i feel compelled to maximise my utility.

and true to my napoleon complex (yes yes, the perils of not even hitting the 1.6m mark) i once again overestimated my hardiness. the warm kit list for the trip is already sending shivers down my spine. it calls for a sleeping mat and a thick sleeping bag, which implies sleeping on the ground in sub-zero temperatures. for two nights. oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment