mobile='yes'

Monday, September 19, 2016

ckt


my palate is decidedly asian and i'm happiest slurping noodles in soup. the MSG gets to me and being parched / disproportionately thirsty after is never a good thing. that'll teach me to not make broth from scratch. but noodles in other forms are great too and one day i was craving char kway teow so badly i practically ran from the tube to the restaurant. it must've been a wednesday afternoon cos that's when i slope off a little bit earlier and thank goodness i didn't have far to go for my fix. this may or may not have been triggered by my fam sending pics over whatsapp from singers. 

the restaurant was surprisingly crowded for mid week afternoon but i got my ckt and then banana fritters after. sometimes comfort food is all i need.

incidentally, a friend just moved near me and she makes a mean ckt from scratch so i'm planning to take up her kind offer of popping round for dins one night :)


No comments:

Post a Comment