mobile='yes'

Thursday, December 5, 2013

soft spot for stone cottages




despite my increasingly minimalist leanings, i've a soft spot for stone cottages. there's something about their solid sturdiness, and the absolute block to mobile signal, that draws me to them. i've been in a few stone cottages since discovering my new-found appreciation of stone cottages big and small. there was the stone bunkhouse C taught me to bathe out of a teapot in, and another near glastonbury that we visited last summer. it's going to make me sound like such a wuss but after a 48h scheduled on the assessment*suite, the mister was a real sweetheart to surprise me with a mini break. now i've warned him that if we were to travel every time i did a long shift, this medical career might be more expensive than initially anticipated. but the timing worked out and i'm not about to say no to a treat like that. having read many good things about the christmas market in bath, the mister booked us into the sweetest stone cottage meant for four. where our two imaginary friends were going to come from was besides me, but we'd plenty of space and managed breakfast at the dining table. idyllic as breakfast in bed sounds, crumbs under the sheets are not ideal. so this arrangment let us have our croissant and eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment