mobile='yes'

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

notting hill

we'd an atypically early breakfast with a dear friend who was passing through london. i'd the pleasure of meeting T 4 (!!!) summers ago when the mister had banished me from leuven. made the most of being based smack in the centre of europe to visit my cousin who was in dublin. and guess who was there the same weekend, fresh from a posting at the great ormond street hospital? T was ever-gallant and i still remember he bought a round of baby guinnesses when he saw me balk at the real guinness. +points in my book! we kept in touch and i'm amazed by how much he remembers of his month in singers when he doing a stint at K*K, right down to who we met at brunch (edinburgh medic) and where the mister hadn't joined us (reservist). minutiae that has long slipped through my sieve-like memory. this was also just before i left for stockholm and T brought me to a swedish embassy 'do and showed me my first midsommar celebration. yes i realise i've said about the same thing in an earlier post and there you go, evidence of my wonderful memory.

sent T to paddington after our aussie brekkie and then went back to notting hill for round two! the mister had some shopping to do and i entertained myself with selfies. mature...



and because it was my birthday the next day, the mister let me pick a present that i've had on high rotation since.


we also fell hook, line and sinker for some coconut water and only later realised our fridge stocked just bubbles, sake and coco. so much for growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment