mobile='yes'

Sunday, May 27, 2012

jubilee weekend

one exam down, two to go and my mind is already in the atlantic ocean. so much for spending jubilee weekend in the lakes. my abysmal grasp of geography and distance meant i didn't realise it was a good five hour drive from london. i like road trips. i like when kai's driving but we figured seeing how we'd a good four (!!!) days to play with, we should really be flying somewhere. my first instincts told me to go paris but hang on a second... kai's in paris for work the following week and in my little scheming head i've decided to tag along. teehee! 

and then i spied with my little eye, the channel islands! also, as i enjoy feigning an interest in politics, i thought it'd be pretty funny to celebrate the diamond jubilee from the crown dependency. as it's as close as we could get to our former-colony home. the other politically incorrect place to celebrate would be northern ireland but the giant's causeway has to wait. i've mixed feelings about colonialism, best shared after a stiff drink or two so i shant bore you with the diatribe. suffice to say, the last place i want to spend jubilee weekend in is london. no anglophilia here!

but back to jersey :) had my heart set on walking in the lakes and to my sheer delight (again, being a geography noob is really not in my best interests) i realised that jersey was made for walking. and there are lovely gentle routes that take only an hour. because i am unabashedly wannabe geriatric, that works just fine.


oh and there's a michelin starred restaurant where we're staying. just sayin' :) annual dose of stars hehe.

the exams couldn't be over sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment